2011年12月22日 星期四

Rust in Peace


This album hit me like a ton of bricks.  Up until I heard this I was listening almost exclusively to the NWOBHM (New Wave of British Heavy Metal Bands), in particular Iron Maiden and Judas Priest.

Yeah, I'd heard of Megadeth, but nothing about their music really caught me until "Rust in Peace" came out.  I can remember seeing the video for the above song on MTV's "Headbanger's Ball," and I seriously couldn't believe how mind-blowingly awesome this song was (and is).

Dave Mustaine might be a whiny bitch (go watch "Some Kind of Monster" if you don't believe me), but he is one killer guitar player.  Despite numerous lineup changes, this band has made some great music.  They were a bit overshadowed by Metallica throughout thrash metal's "golden years," but I always thought Megadeth was better.

Those who don't agree are entitled to their opinion, but I always thought that Megadeth was a better band, pound for pound, than James H. and Co.  Now Slayer and Megadeth?  That's a tough one to call!

沒有留言:

張貼留言