2013年8月4日 星期日

"Seige: Thor" by Kieron Gillen et al.


This hardcover is very boring and generally pointless.  Half of the story is missing from it, and one would need to collect all of the other "Seige" hardcovers to get much out of this one.

The Asgardians, now dwelling in the midst of scenic Oklahoma, find themselves besieged by a host of other super-powered beings.  Thor doesn't even show up until the end, and there follows a climactic battle in which he battles the cyborg Thor seen in The Ultimates.  It's all very tedious and talky, and the lettering is hard to read.

I loved Walt Simonson's run on Thor, but I haven't found much to like in this character since then.  I wish they'd stop making him speak "Olde English," I wish they'd give him a satisfying Achilles heel, and I wish they'd try to make Asgard something more interesting than the local Medieval Fair.  As it is, I wanted the Asgardians to perish, if only to put their ceaseless bantering to an end.  If Walt Simonson knew anything, he knew that gods should be more than extras from a Prince Valiant comic.  Gods should be godlike.  Make them too normal, and you destroy what makes them interesting.

沒有留言:

張貼留言