2011年12月20日 星期二

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked


The (few) people who are regular readers of this blog are probably wondering what the hell I am smoking.  The answer to this question is, of course, that I get "high" on THE LORD, and that alcohol, marijuana, and goofballs are definitely NOT COOL.

And while it might seem strange for a grown man to be reviewing "Chipmunks 3," on a blog that was (up until today) about books, I figured what the hell.  The Chipmunks are, in their way, about as intellectual as some of the books I have reviewed here.

My daughters dragged me to this one while we were in Taipei last weekend.  Let me tell you, it was EXCRUCIATING.  I have had dental procedures that were more pleasant.  It just went on and on and on and on, and the voices were so squeaky, and the Chipmunks were so family friendly, and the whole thing was so heartwarming that I almost vomited into my popcorn.

But then again movies like this aren't made for guys like me.  They were made for my daughters, who thoroughly enjoyed this film.  They have already forced me to sit through Chipmunks 1 and 2 on numerous occasions, and for them this film was a triumph.  Not only did the Chipmunks sing THREE Lady Gaga songs which my daughters already know the words to, but they also sang Katy Perry and got stranded on a tropical island.

For me, the ONLY redeeming feature of this movie was the fact that it clocked in at less than two hours.  The girl they meet on the tropical island was also kind of hot.  Aside from these two points, I can't think of a single reason for anyone without kids to sit through this movie.

All of which brings home to me the fact the one day, not too far away, they'll be making a Chipmunks 4, and unless my daughters are too old for Chipmunks by then, I'll have to sit through that one, too.  Oh, the horror, the horror.

沒有留言:

張貼留言