2015年4月22日 星期三

Countdown to Avengers: Age of Ultron: 7 Hours, 17 Minutes, and 20 Seconds


Avengers: Age of Ultron comes out (in Taiwan) TODAY, and in my opinion this is the most awesomest thing that has happened in quite a while.  I've been dying to see this movie since they first announced it, and now that the day has finally arrived I barely know what to do with myself.

I've already bought tickets for tonight's 10 pm showing.  I'm taking my whole family along, and I'm sure that the four of us will be very, very tired tomorrow.  10 pm was the earliest showing we could attend, but you can be sure I'd have seen it this afternoon if I could have thought of a way out of work.

Avengers: Age of Ultron is fifth movie in phase two of Marvel's cinematic universe, and features Earth's mightiest heroes facing off against Ultron, their robot nemesis.  The sixth and last film in phase two, Ant-Man, will be out this July.  After that it's Captain America: Civil War in May 2016.

Needless to say I'm excited about all of these movies, though I can understand a certain measure of superhero fatigue on the part of others.  There really have been a lot of superhero movies, and there will be more and more in the next few years.  The two other movies mentioned above will coexist with the Fantastic Four reboot, Deadpool, and X-men: Age of Apocalypse.  Then there is the much anticipated Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, whose first trailer just appeared a few days ago.  Even if there is a LONG wait between Ant-Man and Deadpool, it's still enough to make your head spin.

Here's hoping that the second Avengers was worth the long wait.  However good it is, I doubt that it will be anywhere near bad.  It might not be as good as the first Avengers, but then again it's not 2012 anymore, and movies such as Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, and X-men: Days of Future Past are tough acts to follow.

Now if it was only a little LATER.  As of now I've got 6 hours, 58 minutes, and however many seconds....

沒有留言:

張貼留言