2018年11月26日 星期一

The Other Movie Oscars: The 2010s

Please keep in mind three things:

1. I'm only choosing Best Picture, Best Actor, and Best Actress.  Let's be honest and say that these are the only three categories most people care about.

2. I'm only choosing from the movies reviewed in my "Some Other Movies From..." entries.  This means that some of the movies I choose might actually be award-winners from that year.

3. The movies reviewed in my "Some Other Movies From..." entries were chosen because I hadn't seen them before, and/or because of their relative obscurity.  To put an even finer point on it, they were chosen half willfully and half randomly.  I tend to pick 7 or 8 movies featuring people I'm familiar with, and 7 or 8 movies featuring people unknown to me.

4. For fun I'm adding another category, something memorable from a film belonging to a given year.

2019


Best Picture: Parasite
Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Joker
Best Actress: tie between Elisabeth Moss in Her Smell and Jillian Bell in Brittany Runs a Marathon
Most Memorable Pole Dance: Jennifer Lopez in Hustlers


2018




Best Picture: Annihilation
Best Actor: Bradley Cooper, A Star is Born
Best Actress: Natalie Portman, Annihilation
Most Stunningly Beautiful Actress: Deepika Padukone, Padmaavat


2017




Best Picture: Logan Lucky
Best Actor: Gary Oldman, Darkest Hour
Best Actress: Margot Robbie, I, Tonya
Most Ridiculous Picture: Wolf Warrior II


2016




Best Picture: The Witch
Best Actor: Woody Harrelson, Triple 9
Best Actress: Ana-Taylor Joy, The Witch
Worst Picture: Diablo


2015




Best Picture: The End of the Tour
Best Actor: Tom Hardy, Legend
Best Actress: Helen Mirren, Woman in Gold
Most Unerotic Sex: Love


2014




Best Picture: Leviathan
Best Actor: John Favreau, Chef
Best Actress: Kristen Wiig, Welcome to Me
Worst Horror Movie: The Pyramid


2013




Best Picture: Lone Survivor
Best Actor: Michael Fassbender, The Counselor
Best Actress: Rosario Dawson, Trance
Manliest Picture: Riddick


2012




Best Picture: A Royal Affair
Best Actor: Clint Eastwood, Trouble with the Curve
Best Actress: Alicia Vikander, A Royal Affair
One of the Worst Comedies of All Time: Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie


2011




Best Picture: My Week with Marilyn
Best Actor: Eddie Redmayne, My Week with Marilyn
Best Actress: Michelle Williams, My Week with Marilyn
Most Embarrassingly Bad Movie (Though I Haven't Nor Will I Ever Watch Jack and Jill): Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star


2010




Best Picture: The Kids are All Right
Best Actor: Mark Ruffalo, The Kids are All Right
Best Actress: Annette Bening, The Kids are All Right
Most Embarrassing Yet Strangely Mesmerizing Picture: From Paris with Love

Related Entries:

Some Other Movies From 2011
Some Other Movies From 2013
Some Other Movies From 2015
Superhero Movies From October 2018 Onward

沒有留言:

張貼留言