2019年8月13日 星期二

The Other Movie Oscars: The Late 1970s

Please keep in mind three things:

1. I'm only choosing Best Picture, Best Actor, and Best Actress.  Let's be honest and say that these are the only three categories most people care about.

2. I'm only choosing from the movies reviewed in my "Some Other Movies From..." entries.  This means that some of the movies I choose might actually be award-winners from that year.

3. The movies reviewed in my "Some Other Movies From..." entries were chosen because I hadn't seen them before, and/or because of their relative obscurity.  To put an even finer point on it, they were chosen half willfully and half randomly.  I tend to pick 7 or 8 movies featuring people I'm familiar with, and 7 or 8 movies featuring people unknown to me.

4. For fun I'm adding another category, something memorable from a film belonging to a given year.




1979

Best Picture: The China Syndrome
Best Actor: Al Pacino, ...And Justice for All
Best Actress: Jane Fonda, The China Syndrome
Most Memorably Bad Movie: Beyond the Poseidon Adventure




1978

Best Picture: Blue Collar
Best Actor: Dustin Hoffman, Straight Time
Best Actress: Geraldine Chaplin, Remember My Name
Most Popular Movie That Future Generations Will Fail To Understand: Convoy





1977

Best Picture: Sorcerer
Best Actor: James Coburn, Cross of Iron
Best Actress: Shelley Duvall, 3 Women
Most Under-the-Radar Horror Movie: The Car




1976

Best Picture: Gator (weird year for movies)
Best Actor: Cliff Robertson, Obsession
Best Actress: Lauren Bacall, The Shootist
So Bad It's Classic: The Food of the Gods




1975

Best Picture: Night Moves
Best Actor: Gene Hackman, Night Moves
Best Actress: Melanie Griffith, Night Moves
Sexiest Actress: Laura Gemser, Black Emanuelle

Related Entries:

Some Other Movies From 1978
Some Other Movies From 1976
Some Other Movies From 1975
Some Other Movies From 1977

沒有留言:

張貼留言