2011年12月29日 星期四

Tron


I have seen Tron so many times that I've lost count.  I like it because it's a good movie.  I also like it because many of my childhood memories are connected, in some way, to this film.

Before I go on, I should say that, yes, I've seen Tron Legacy, and yes, I was immensely disappointed by it.  The cutting edge FX used in the sequel may have paralleled the original, but the first Tron is a great adventure movie.  The sequel is, in comparison, just dumb.  I say this as someone who was ready to give Tron Legacy a chance, as someone who wanted it to be good, but within the first ten minutes I realized that the second Tron was going to be a let-down.

The first Tron is much better.  The acting's not bad, the score is GREAT, and the plot is good if you don't think about it too hard.  Tron also says a lot about the early 1980s, and where technology was headed back then.  This was in the era of arcades, when we were all busy pouring quarters into Pac-man, Ghosts and Goblins, and yes, Tron.  There wasn't just one arcade game to go along with the movie, there were TWO.


And this is where my childhood creeps into the picture, because I was about 7 years old when this movie came out.  I was also one of those kids pouring quarters in Tron.  My parents took me to see Tron in the theater, and it blew me away. 

I also owned the Tron action figures, if anyone remembers those!

I would heartily recommend Tron if you haven't seen it already.  You may not have enough nostalgia working in your favor to love this movie, but odds are you'll at least like it.

沒有留言:

張貼留言