2012年10月17日 星期三

Music on My Mind

Been listening to a lot of The Move lately, especially their last album, "Message From the Country."  Roy Wood is/was a surprisingly good bass player, and this album was definitely the most "progressive" they ever got.


Also been listening to a lot of Priest.  I find myself humming "The Ripper" at odd hours of the day, and I've also been listening to a lot of "British Steel."  "Sad Wings of Destiny" is my all-time favorite Priest album, but I like their later stuff as well.


As strange as it may seem, I've also been listening to Lil' Wayne's "I Am Not a Human Being."  The guy definitely has a way with lyrics.  I spent most of last month absorbing "Tha Carter IV," and even though I don't like "Human Being" quite as much, it's still good.  The song below, "Abortion," is my favorite track on "IV."


In quieter moments I listen to Tchaikovsky.  And no, I'm not trying to be ecclectic.  I've never been a huge fan of Mr. Nutcracker, but his music is soothing at times.  I am a much bigger fan of other Russian composers, Mussorgsky most of all.


And that's what I'm listening to.  What about you?

沒有留言:

張貼留言