2016年5月24日 星期二

Comic Book Interlude 7

Probably the last of the comics I'll review for a while.  I'm getting burned out.  I plan to continue reading Saga, Monstress, The Sheriff of Babylon, The Fix, and Sex Criminals, but I doubt I'll be seeking out any other titles.



The Wicked + The Divine 1-3 (2014)

This comic book just about puts the "P" in pretentious.  Gods revisit the Earth every ninety years in new bodies, and from the moment they do there's a two year time limit on their (present) earthly existence.

It's hard to explain why I loathe this comic book so much.  Part of the reason is that it seems designed for a certain comic book-reading demographic, a hipsterish group of people expecting comics with a) a certain teasing amount of sex, b) sudden acts of violence, c) sexually ambiguous characters, and d) tedious discussions of godhood and/or other theological concepts impervious to Science.  

But aside from the above, it's also boring.



The Fix 1-2 (2016)

Two law enforcement types sideline as criminals.  This series just started, but the two issues I read were hilarious.



Sex Criminals 1-15 (2013-2016)

I thought Saga was the best comic out there, but then I read Sex Criminals.  It's a terrifically funny and engaging comic about people who can stop time with their genitals.  Yes, you read that right.  Their genitals.  Easily the best comic I've read in years.

沒有留言:

張貼留言